9 favorite things, winter.22
A year ago
‘Tis the season of snow days, early sunsets and holding onto the hope of spring! I made this list in early January but then a whirlwind of events happened like a retreat in Florida, a 30th birthday, a shop anniversary, a new product line launch and our first ever SEEK conference up in Denver! So I'm sharing this a little later than expected, but they are all still my current faves!
I suppose I could call it my WINTER WELLNESS list instead...read on and you'll see what I mean. ;)
- PRAYING- The daily Rosary with my new beads from Outpouring Of Trust. Tim got me the Our Lady of Guadalupe rosary for Christmas and she’s my absolute favorite. I’ve asked her to be a Mother to me so many times this month.
- TRYING - Peppermint Oil Scalp Treatments - y’all this is my jammm right now. Helps with dry itchy scalp + so invigorating. Also can help with nausea, headaches and anxiety. 👏🏼Just add a few drops on your scalp after the shower and massage in. So refreshing. I apply it to dry hair too. You can order your own bottle here.
- SIPPING - Ultima in the morning. Mega load of Electrolytes with no sugar or artificial sweeteners. 🙌🏼 Raspberry flavor is my fave. If you struggle with staying hydrated + hate drinking water, you’ll love this.
- MAKING - Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. It's Paleo, takes about 30 minutes total and there's no chopping involved besides the cilantro.
Here's how I make it: I put 2 lbs of Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot with a 16oz jar of Salsa Verde, 1 tsp each of Cumin, Garlic powder and Onion Powder. I set that to seal and pressure cook for 12 minutes, then quick release. While that's cooking, I'll put two bags of frozen Cauliflower rice in a skillet with 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil and stir. Next you'll add the juice of two limes, a Tbs of honey, and salt to taste. Give it a good stir and let the cauliflower soften. When your chicken is done, remove from instant pot and shred in a separate bowl, then add back into the pot with the Salsa Verde. Add one bunch of freshly chopped cilantro to the rice mixture, and pour Salsa Chicken over that. Stir and serve in bowls. YUMM! It's so stinking good. Serves 4 Adults.
- READING - The Mindful Catholic - My mom has recommended this to me over and over again and I finally opened it this month! 😁 I’ve been working really hard to become more free of anxiety this year and this is one step in that direction. I’m not done yet BUT I love it so far. Psychology through a catholic lends. Easy read with lots of practical steps & exercises you can start implementing immediately.
- PLAYING - with watercolors! I signed up for a local intro watercolor class this month and it was so so fun! I wanted to create space for my artist mind to run wild and free from product driven painting. It was SO GOOD. If you’re in the springs, you can check out the classes here!
- PRAYING - with the Saint Gerard Prayer Card from Abundance Of Grace Prints. It was the first prayer for Mothers/Infertility that really struck a chord with me, so when sweet Marie sent it to me in the mail without knowing this I about cried!
- USING- CBD oil to help me sleep. Our bodies crave and need more sleep in the winter. Insomnia has been a lifelong struggle for me and this has by far been the most helpful. I started using this a couple years ago, took a break, then started taking it again this past November. I use a company designed for women that pairs you with a dosage specialist to help you figure out the right intake for your unique biochemistry. Here’s my referral coupon code if you want $20 off your first order! Use Code: REFJANA.MARIE.ZUNIGA
- WEARING - These Levi jeans. I’m never going back. Comfiest high waisted jeans I’ve ever owned. That’s coming from a short girl with no torso. They are stretchy but not too tight and so forgiving.
Happy friday, friends! After a long period of busy, we are taking time to S L O W things down this weekend to deep clean, go on a winter hike and just relax! How are you spending your long weekend?